Life after Dr. Branch. Here's how I got my Phentermine-- — 31 posts

Life after Dr. Branch. Here's how I got my Phentermine--

30 replies,
go to last post

by SouthernBelleAL2009
28 Aug 08 02:27

User avatar
Here's what you do and SURPRISE.. it WILL be cheaper!!
Plus.. you will be legit and not have to worry.

I too was DEVESTATED when DR. B shut down. Now I feel ROBBED by him!!


HAVE INSURANCE?

1. Call Dr's/ Family Practitioners covered by your insurance.
Ask if they prescribe Phentermine.

2. Schedule an appt.
The REASON for the visit is "fatigue" , etc. (this is important for insurance coverage of the office visit.

3. Bring your pill bottles from Dr. B and tell the doctor you were on the pills and that you liked the results but that the doctor is no longer available. Mention that it allowed you the energy to exercise and combat your fatigue and it allowed you the will power to follow a balanced healthy diet.

4. request a GENERIC prescription for 90 days.

5. Walmart charges $60 for the 90 generic

6. I also mentioned depression and I recieved a 6 mo prescript for my Welbutrin XL. I asked for 450 (3 pills @150) and this makes my actual 300m last longer. INSURANCE will cover Wellbutrin which is also another name for some diet pill.

Yeah.. I paid $90 start to finish for 3 months ($30 copay and $60 prescriptIion)


NO INSURANCE?


1. call doctors or medical care centers and find out the cost of an office visit. ASK if they prescribe phentermine.

2. Schedule an appt.


3. Bring your pill bottles from Dr. B and tell the doctor you were on the pills and that you liked the results but that the doctor is no longer available. Mention that it allowed you the energy to exercise and combat your fatigue and it allowed you the will power to follow a balanced healthy diet.

4. request a GENERIC prescription for 90 days.

5. Walmart charges $60 for the 90 generic

6. I also mentioned depression and I recieved a 6 mo prescript for my Welbutrin XL. I asked for 450 (3 pills @150) and this makes my actual 300m last longer. INSURANCE will cover Wellbutrin which is also another name for some diet pill. .. Due to cost... you may want to go with just Welbutrin SR - Generic version and get the 3 pills at 150 each type scenario.


Total Cost... prescript + office visit will be much Cheaper than the 30 day crap Dr. B gave us.
[/b]

by cia
28 Aug 08 02:47

User avatar
Thanks for the advice! I know that this will help many of us.

by maggie9999
28 Aug 08 03:28

User avatar
In Ohio they will not dispense 90 at a time,and the pharmacy will not renew after two months..you have to wait 180 days before you can get refill.

It really sucks to live here! Good luck to everyone else!!

by Lilygirl
28 Aug 08 18:56

User avatar
So I tried what redstepchild recommended and the doc was willing to give me a presc. for 1 month of 30 mg. manufactured by Lannett. Thanks redstepchild, I'm on my way to losing the 40 lbs. I intend to get rid of!
Anyone familiar with the Lannett pills? They're blue/white capsules with the #1308 printed on the white part and Lannett printed on the blue.

by Mr/Mrs.Punchie
28 Aug 08 19:12

User avatar
maggie9999 wrote:In Ohio they will not dispense 90 at a time,and the pharmacy will not renew after two months..you have to wait 180 days before you can get refill.

It really sucks to live here! Good luck to everyone else!!
Wow! That sounds as bad as some of the other midwestern states I have heard of: like
Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin etc.
I hear those States are no picnic to live in either!
What is the deal with them anyway?

by zealous.redhead
28 Aug 08 22:13

User avatar
I live in IL and the doctor I see doesn't prescribe diet pills. Just says need to take in less calories than you expend. Yeah, easier said than done!

by scaredycat
28 Aug 08 22:27

User avatar
I know, I live in Wi and jeeze, my family doctor and my gyno won't prescribe it to me either! I don't know if they are afraid to do it, or if they reallllllly believe that in my 7+ years of dieting I "wasn't trying". I've known my family doctor since I was like 5, and so he's known i've been overweight all my life, and still didn't want to give me phen. He gave me meridia with no hesitation, and you know what??? It was junk!

ugh I hate that doctor's make it sooo hard for people to lose weight!

by domesticdiva
29 Aug 08 09:00

User avatar
Everyone needs to be aware that Wellbutrin also has a stimulant effect so be careful taking it with the phen. I had a friend that tried the phen with Wellbutrin and ended up having heart palpitations. Just FYI. :)

I also think someone said one time that doctors do not prescribe phen because it can cause their malpractice insurance to go up. :-k

by animal-lover
29 Aug 08 09:18

User avatar
be careful when taking wellbutrin. it turned me into raging angry idiot and I hated everyone. I called it my "homicidal"drug, that's how angry i could get in a second without reason. some of my friends also tried this drug with negative reactions. However, I'm sure it works for some. Everybody's system is different. just be careful.

by cia
29 Aug 08 14:08

User avatar
I am currently taking wellbutrin & phen. I haven't experienced any problems.

I went to http://www.drugdigest.org and it didn't list any interaction problems between these two drugs.

by Sugar T*ts
29 Aug 08 14:13

User avatar
cia wrote:I am currently taking wellbutrin & phen. I haven't experienced any problems.

I went to http://www.drugdigest.org and it didn't list any interaction problems between these two drugs.


Although I am off it now, I also took wellbutrin and phen for a long time without any problems.

YMMV

by cia
29 Aug 08 14:25

User avatar
Sugar T*ts wrote:
cia wrote:I am currently taking wellbutrin & phen. I haven't experienced any problems.

I went to http://www.drugdigest.org and it didn't list any interaction problems between these two drugs.


Although I am off it now, I also took wellbutrin and phen for a long time without any problems.

YMMV


If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have know about this website. Thanks! I looked up everything that I am on & any possible interactions. This site is great!

by kaleidoscopeyes
29 Aug 08 18:32

User avatar
I was on wellbutrin to quit smoking which helped but I could not handle the vivid dreams. I would wake up and not know if what happened in my dreams really happened or if it was just while I was sleeping it was erie.

by Sugar T*ts
30 Aug 08 01:07

User avatar
cia wrote:
Sugar T*ts wrote:
cia wrote:I am currently taking wellbutrin & phen. I haven't experienced any problems.

I went to http://www.drugdigest.org and it didn't list any interaction problems between these two drugs.


Although I am off it now, I also took wellbutrin and phen for a long time without any problems.

YMMV


If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have know about this website. Thanks! I looked up everything that I am on & any possible interactions. This site is great!


Isn't it awesome?! I'm glad you found it helpful.

by BAO
31 Aug 08 00:28

User avatar
zealous.redhead wrote:I live in IL and the doctor I see doesn't prescribe diet pills. Just says need to take in less calories than you expend. Yeah, easier said than done!
IF A HE TAKED MY MONEY AN SAY BAO EAT A LESS HE SOUN STUPED HE WOUL MAKEA ME MAD ON HIM AN I WOUL BEAT HIM UP! :roll:
Please sign up to reply to this forum. Is easy, fast and free

31 posts • Page 1 of 3